This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for 3 Quayside Court, 4 High Street, Swanage, Dorset
Right at the water's edge, this second floor apartment makes a fantastic base for your seaside self-catering holiday or to explore The Jurassic Coast.
- Sleeps 5 in two bedrooms (plus a sofa bed is available in the lounge).
- Parking in allocated space for one car.
- Extensive sea and coast views.
- Very close to beach and town centre.
We look forward to welcoming you.
If you have any queries or require any assistance telephone +44 (0) 1305 257 274 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full details about the apartment will be either e-mailed or posted to you prior to your arrival
- Planning your trip, either by car or public transport, can be done via the website www.traveline.info. The nearest BR train station is in Wareham - 10 miles away. There are national bus links.
- Alternatively a map is available here.
Key Collection, Welcome & Car Parking
- The keys are available at the property and are located in a secure, coded safe.
- The property is accessed through coded electronic gates. (Instructions are sent.)
- At the front of the property there is a secure car park, allowing for safe unloading.
- There is parking for one car, in an allocated space. A parking permit is used, this is available in the apartment.
Entrance to Property
- The property is accessed via a path adjacent to the sea-side of the property. The minimum gap here is 24ins/610mm.
- Access to the property is then gained via a code secured door. (Instructions are sent with the keys.) Up one step and 25ins/640mm wide.
- Once in the inner lobby, the apartment is on the second floor. Up 6 steps : 90deg turn : 2 steps :90deg turn : 6 steps [Twice.]
- The apartment is then accessed via two key locked doors. 28ins/710mm wide.
- At all levels there are automatic light and a banister. The floor is carpeted.
- The outside door has an automatic closer.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- Once in the apartment the accommodation is on one level.
- The inner lobby and hall-way is tiled.
- The combined lounge/dining area faces three directions, with the main views over the bay but with a limited view towards the High Street.
- There are two sofas, seating 2 and 3. (The 3 seated sofa converts into a bed.)
- The lounge is carpeted.
- The dining area is in the bay window.
- There is an extended table, height 29ins/740mm, with 6 chairs.
- The kitchen is located off the main hallway. With views over the main beach and bay.
- The modern kitchen is fully equipped with under-surface (height 37ins/940mm) fridge, oven, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble drier.
- The hob is located on the work surface.
- The microwave is built-in and its minimum height is 50ins/1270mm.
- The controls for the extractor hood are 74ins/1880mm.
- The condensing boiler is wall mounted.
- The floor is tiled.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The main bedroom has a king size bed, with access to both sides, and storage drawers. There is a built-in double wardrobe and two large triple drawer bedside units, with bedside lights.
- The second bedroom has a double bed with single bunk bed over, accessible from one side only. There is adequate storage, via a range of built-in wardrobes and drawer units.
- There are bedside light points and a dimmer switch, for the main light.
- Both bedrooms are carpeted.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets
- The bathroom has a bath with shower over. (There is a full opening shower screen) The step into the bath is 24ins/610mm.
- Large sink.
- Close coupled WC.
- Large heated towel rail.
- Mirrored wall unit, min height 45ins/1150mm.
- Extractor. Tiled floor.
- There is, also, a second toilet room. Access is limited with a 1ins/25mm gap between the toilet and and opened door. Mirrored wall unit and tiled floor.
- At the front of the property is a small communal patio area, adjacent to the car parking area.
- At the rear of the property there is a rotary drying line.
- Rubbish bins and recycling are also at the rear.
- All linen and towels are provided, except for beach towels.
- No feathered pillows or duvets are used.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- There is NO SMOKING anywhere in the building.
- There is no 'phone, but there is free WiFi.
- The apartment is painted in neutral tones, with paintings or photographs.
- The apartment has modern double glazed windows. All have a lower 14ins/360mm pane and are top hung with an opening limiter of 3.5ins/90mm. Lounge windows are min height 29ins/740mm, bedrooms 30ins/760mm.
- There is a caretaker on-call for absolute emergencies.
- Address (inc postcode)
- 3 Quayside Court
4 High Street
- +44 (0) 1305 257 274
- Local Equipment Hire
- Local hire of bikes, boats and quads. Fishing and water based sight-seeing trips.
- Local Public Transport
- National bus links to Swanage. Local buses, taxis, water taxis, steam train service (to Corfe Castle).